Thursday, December 11, 2008

Revelation application

Regarding Revelation, how do I apply this to my community?: (I flipped the questions this one time.)

Once, maybe soon after college, I was on a trip to Assateague Island and Chincoteague, where the wild horses are, with my Aunt Connie, Uncle Tom, and cousin Jason. Once when we were driving in the area, I notice a billboard that had a picture of Jesus. His eyes were red and kind of glowing. He looked pretty mad. I chuckled, because it seemed to be the opposite of the common depiction of Jesus, portrayed a soft and gentle. I have learned that Jesus is Loving, and I have learned that Jesus is also just. People doing wrong is not unknown by Jesus, or unaccounted for by Jesus. For those who do not receive Him, their sins have not been atoned for, and on judgment day, they will be sentenced. Love is offered by Jesus right now. To not accept it is to not accept the punishment that Jesus took on the cross for anyone. I am willing to tell that to my community right here and now.

Regarding Revelation, how do I apply this to myself?:
Years ago I played a game with a Sunday school - "Stump Hunter," having students ask me questions about the Bible to try and stump me. It was great. Interesting that in my heart I end over three months of hard work on this assignment on the similar note with which I began this personal New Testament Introduction. I mention one thing I do not know. I do not know how there can be no tears in heaven. After so much suffering in this world full of so many hurtful things being done by however many people, and knowing that the perfection process has been completed for me so that I can be completely loving, someone who was not loving before giving my heart to Jesus, I do not know how I could refrain from crying when delivered in full into the arms of Jesus. Yet I will find out, praise be to Jesus!

+Thank You Holy Father for enabling me to write this entire New Testament Introduction. It is through Your Awesome name Lord Jesus that I pray. Amen.
Hunter Irvine