Sunday, December 7, 2008

James application

Regarding James, how do I apply this to myself?

"Everyone should be...slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." (James1:19)(NIV).

  The first time I ever gave my testimony, I discussed this verse, since anger is a part of my testimony. Though I do not dwell on it to such a degree in my written testimony, the fact is I had two parents with anger, and then they divorced, which I reacted to with anger. Thus when I turned to Jesus, I had anger. Though soon after I turned to Jesus I felt as though certain anger had been removed, it was then a process of learning from Jesus to be enabled to forgive people. I also learned (I add this after taking a latter class at CCU) everyone gets angry, yet "blowing up" is a choice.  It is a choice I use to make sometimes, and now it is my choice not to blow up!!
   If you want to know how to get rid of entrenched anger and to be helped from lashing out, know Jesus, because He can enable any person to forgive any person, thus anger is gone.  Anger will eat at you from the inside out, and I am thankful that Jesus has freed me.

Regarding James, who do I apply this to my community?
If I am slow to become angry, I will have better relationships in my community!
Hunter Irvine