Monday, February 28, 2022

Rest for your soul


Matthew 11:29   “…. for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

   We all need rest.  My understanding of my need for rest has increased with age.  Times in my past when I have gone too hard there has been a little crash, such as losing my cool with someone, or of getting a cold.  We all have limits, and rest enables us to successfully carry on.

   Yet Jesus goes a huge step further here speaking of rest for our “souls.”  In this world of daily challenges, and too much turmoil, we need rest for our soul to persevere in doing good.  In the first part of this statement, which I examined last week, Jesus said to learn from Him.  Thus learning from Him leads to rest for your soul.  Then you can carry on with loving people.

+ Holy Father, I pray for my Ukrainian and Russian brothers and sisters who worship together in a rented venue in the northwest Denver area.  They are lights for You Lord Christ, and faithful servants of You.  At this terrible time where a leader is going to war due to some wrong views, I pray for help for our world.  And I pray my brothers and sisters, and myself, would rest in Your love at this time.  Thank You for rest.
It is through the loving name of You Lord Jesus I pray.
Amen.

Hunter