Sunday, February 20, 2022

Learning from Jesus


Matthew 11:29   “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me…”

   There have been many opportunities for learning as I have been following Jesus for the past 31 years.  I have listened to many sermons.  I have read over one hundred Christian books.  I gained a great Christian education from Colorado Christian University.  I have had conversations about God with a number of brothers and sisters-in-Christ.  God has used many of those preachers, authors, professors, and saints to teach me more about Jesus.  Yet my foundational learning from Jesus has always been listening to Jesus by listening to Him as I read and ponder Scripture.  Scripture contains messages from Jesus which He has revealed to us.
   Here two thousand years after Jesus was in the world, we can still learn from Him by reading Scripture and by pondering Scripture!

+ Heavenly Father, I thank You for giving us Scripture so we can learn from You.  I pray for help so I would continue to listen to You Lord Jesus, and learn from You.  May I go by the guidance of You Holy Spirit.
It is through Your loving name Lord Jesus I pray.  Amen.
Hunter