Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Colossians application

Regarding Colossians, how do I apply this to myself?:

Since I am on a roll telling about friends from Salt and Light from The Falls Church back when I was only a lad in Christ, I'll tell about Rae. I liked Rae the first time I ever met him. He was a different person than I, yet he seemed like a sincere and nice guy. Rae and I were both on an unofficial Salt and Light retreat once to Assateque Island, and he had driven me to the campout, and he was my ride home. We stayed at the beach after everyone else had left, since he flew the cool kite. He let me try it, and showed me how to maneuver it, but I crashed it. On the way home, we were talking, and Rae said something that shocked me. He said that Jesus was God. I had always thought of Jesus as the "Son of God." I was offended a bit. I do not know if I was more standoffish with Rae that fall. But then on Christmas Eve, I got a ride to The Falls Church for the special service. Yet then I needed to try and get a ride home on that cold night. Rae found out I was looking for a ride home and gladly took me home. That act alone made me think very highly of Rae, and I was more open to take into consideration what he had said. I finally came to learn that the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are three Persons, yet One Being, One God. To learn this, you have to examine how each One is described in the Scripture. Jesus is Immanuel, which means God with us.

Regarding Colossians, how do I apply this to my community?:
Tell people about Jesus like Rae told me.

Hunter Irvine