Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Acts application

Regarding Acts, how do I apply this to myself?
Acts covers much. So for this moment, I focus in on one word that stuck out for me as I was thinking about what to write here. (I like it when we do the passage meditations in class.) The NIV uses the word "awe" in Acts 2:43, which is apparently not an exact translation though. Witnessing to people about the reality of Jesus, what is necessary is that I am living by His love, and that in His love I am in awe of Him for His love. Jesus, the One who died to save people, did so because He loves people. May I ever increase in my awe of His love.

Regarding Acts, how do I apply this to my community?
I will do so right here in a direct manner. Anyone who happens to be reading my New Testament journal here, I can tell you that I am interested in biblical details, and I am interested in biblical history, because I love Jesus. The many messages in Acts are important, which deal with subjects such as the Ascension, repentance, justice, and the "Church." If you would like to contemplate one message now about my proclamation about Jesus, my message here is that Jesus loves you. The love of Jesus is why I can, and why I want to tell people about Jesus, in whatever community He has me in here.
Hunter Irvine